The Elks of Canada are looking for our next National Director of Member Services. The full job description is listed below. Interested parties are invited to send a copy of your resume to Kevan McBeth, National Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
manager of member services
Reporting directly to the Elks of Canada Executive Director, the Manager of Member services is responsible for the overall operation and management of the Elks of Canada Lodges and its members. This position is uniquely placed within the National Office (Grand Lodge) to act as a liaison and support for the members of the Elks of Canada and to assist in the development and maintenance of Lodges governed by strong policy and procedure to ensure their ultimate sustainability.
Listed below are the duties and responsibilities required for the successful achievement of this position:
- Serves as the main point of contact for individual members and Elks of Canada lodges, assisting in the interpretation of the Elks of Canada Constitution, Bylaws and Regulations and the development of alignment between national and local Lodge bylaws that guide their operations.
- Assists with membership issues resulting from a number of topics including legal, by-law, structure, gaming, personal, membership questions, national program information, internal conflict and/or corporate status.
- Serves as the main point of contact between the Grand Lodge and the Member Services Committee, preparing agendas and minutes as well as implementing the actions of the committee as directed by committee members. The Manager of Member Services also facilitates the budgeting process for the committee and acts as a link between the Member services committee and the Grand Executive.
- Acts as a resource for the Marketing committee and directs the Social Media/ Marketing Coordinator through the requirements of the committee.
- Serves as the Grand Lodge liaison for the Sports Committee, offering insight and expertise where needed.
- Reviews and evaluates local and provincial association bylaws for approval by the Executive Director and the Grand Lodge to ensure alignment with the Elks of Canada Constitution, Bylaws and Regulations. Counsels lodges and provincial associations when necessary on bylaw changes and development, both what is acceptable by the Elks and provincial registration branches.
- Act as a resource person for the Presidents Association, attending their two annual meetings, taking minutes and providing a constant in the ever changing make up of Association members and coordinate the President’s training session at the national convention.
- Responsible for the external communication of the Elks of Canada members through the Elks of Canada website and the Canadian Elk, both of which are the ultimate responsibility of the Manager of Member Services through the Social Media/ Marketing Coordinator.
- Acts as the prime for the planning and coordination of the National Conference, working with the local planning committee and the office staff to ensure that areas of responsibility are established and that everything is in place for the event. Preliminary site inspections may be required as part of this process.
- Direct Supervision of the Sales/ Purchasing coordinator and the Social Media/ Marketing Coordinator, ensuring that the Elks of Canada are providing a high standard of service and sales of merchandise to our members and that the Elks image and brand is promoted positively to the general public
- Act as a resource to most other staff positions, offering general knowledge of the organization in whatever capacity is necessary.
Act as the in-charge Executive Director in his/ her absence.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The following skills and experience has been identified as being critical to the overall success of this position:
- Post-secondary education in areas such as human resources, public administration, public policy or other relevant areas of focus.
- Minimum of 3- 5 years of experience in a governance or policy related field
- Strong understanding of Board Governance
- Ability to design, develop and interpret policy
- Basic understanding of general accounting practices
- Basic understanding of Gaming Laws within Canada
- Understanding of By-Law interpretation and development
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Strong project management skills
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The following skills and abilities are also critical to the overall success of the position:
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to resolve conflict through win-win scenarios
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Basic understanding of incorporation process in different provinces
- General knowledge of Elks National Constitution and By-Laws
- General knowledge of the Ritual
- Program development skills, example: Leadership Training session
- Organizational skills
- Some knowledge of the strategic planning process
Understanding of the Elks of Canada, their mission and virtues.